Canada Visa Application: How To Apply For Canada Visa Step By Step Guide
How To Apply For Canada Visa
Whether you are traveling to Canada for the first time for a job, work, Business holiday, Educational purpose, you are seeking a good life or even visiting a family member in Canada for your annual Christmas get together, etc You need a visa to get there.
And with this Step by step guide to Canada visa application process which you about to read, your dreams of exploring this country where no dream is too big not to be achieved and anything is possible just became less complicated.
Canada is a country in the North American continent located right to America located right above the United States and is one of the highly developed countries in the world.
Canada offers great opportunities for all the immigrants who are seeking a better standard of living. With a friendly immigration policy, highly-skilled workers, a high living standard, and with excellent health facilities, there is no lack of reasons why Canada is a preferred destination among all immigrants.
Your application process could take long If you missed important pieces of information that could speed up the whole process, but it is advisable to seek help from a professional immigration expert who can explain some terms that might be confusing in detail for you.
Visa is an authorization from the Canadian government that guarantees your free movement without fear or intimidation. Unless you are from any of the 54 national visa-exempt countries, it is impossible to enter Canada without a visa.
Types Of Canada Visa
It is essential to understand the different types of visas offered by the Canadian Government because it will help you to make the right decision during your application process.
Canadian visa is divided into two major types namely
- The Permanent Residence Visa: This applies to foreigners who intend staying in Canada permanently. The Federal Skilled workforce, Provincial nomination program, Canadian Class Experience, and the Federal skilled trade programs offer a permanent residency path through the Express Entry.
- Temporary residence Visa: As the name implies, this category of visa applies to foreigners who wish to stay in Canada temporarily. Based on the purpose of the visit, the following visas fall under the TRV
Student visa, super visa, visitor visa, Business persons and Business delegations visa, diplomatic visa, intending organ donor visa.
The single entry temporary visa: allows you to visit Canada once and is valid for up to six months from your date of arrival. While The multiple-entry visas are issued to foreigners who wish to stay for six months and more and it normally expires in 10years time.
To enter Canada you need to be eligible and because it is very important in the immigration application, satisfying these conditions below are a step in the right direction for your application:
- Availability of funds to cater for your stay
- You must not pose any security or health risk
- You must be able to convince the immigration officer that you will honor your obligations
- Not be unacceptable to Canada
Canada Visa Requirements
- Fill and complete the appropriate form about your interest on the IRCC official website.
- Two passport photographs as recommended by IRCC
- A valid copy of your passport
- Fill and complete the VFS consent form.
- Proof of funds
- English or French proficiency
- Processing fee receipt
- Reputable medical history
- An invitation letter detailing the purpose of your visit, and the full details of your host.
- A self-addressed return courier envelope
- Proof of ties to your home country
- Biometrics may be required
Canada Visa Processing Time
The processing time usually depends on so many factors. one of them Your country of residence, a backlog of your applications, the type of application you submitted, the accuracy of your submitted data, how quickly the data can be verified are some of the determining factors that determine the processing time. The Express Entry is one of the quickest ways of Canada immigration, the processing time is usually within 6month or less. Visit the IRCC official website to get all the comprehensive information about the various processing time.
Where to apply for Canada visa
There two major places you can apply for Canada visa
To apply online visit IRCC official website Apply.
you will need to have access to a scanner in other to be able to scan all your documents.
2)Offline through a Global Visa Application Centre available in Canadian embassies or consulates in your country.
to apply offline visit any Global Vasa Application Center in your Home Country
It is advisable to apply for your visa through the Global Visa Centre in your Home country it is faster and could help you avoid unnecessary mistakes more especially if you do not have a good idea of the application process.
Here are some of the major fees you will need to pay while applying for Canada visa
1) Application fee which at the time of writing this blog post is ($77) you can convert it to your country currency
2) Biometric fees
3) Processing fees
Note I said the major fees some other fees may come out on the process
Submitting Your Passport
If you receive any notification requesting your passport, note that you are to submit your passport along with the request letter through the Canada Visa Application Centre in your home country. Note: If you are sending your passport to the same visa application center where you provided your biometrics, you are not required to pay for passport transmission charges. You have the option of picking up your passport yourself or through an authorized representative, or a self-addressed return courier envelope it all depends on your choice.
In conclusion, it is important to check your eligibility to know if you are fully eligible to apply for a Canadian visa, also know the type of visa you want
And it is also very important to seek assistance from an expert to make the whole process more accurate and to avoid an unnecessary mistake